March is National Nutrition Month, focusing on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. Hruby Chiropractic Wellness cannot say enough about the importance of nutrition.
According to ChooseMyPlate, here are some ways to build a healthy meal:
- Half your plate with veggies and fruits. Choose fruits that are red and orange. Choose dark-green vegetables like tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and broccoli.
- Don’t forget whole grains. Look for the words “100% whole grain” or “100% whole wheat” on the food label.
- Include dairy. Complete your meal with a cup of fat-free or low-fat milk. If you don’t drink milk, consider soymilk or low-fat yogurt.
- Eat at home more often. You’ll know exactly what you are eating. If you eat out, check and compare the nutrition information.
- Sweet tooth? Go about it in a healthy way. Fruit is naturally sweet. Consider a salad or yogurt parfait with fruit.
- Eliminate extra fat. Do this by adding lean beef, pork, chicken, or turkey, and eggs or tofu, all protein foods. Include seafood.
- Let loose in the kitchen. Find ways to make meals healthier by using less meat and cheese. Add in more veggies, adding texture and flavor.
Good nutrition is the cornerstone of our 8 Weeks to Wellness®. Our program allows individuals to take responsibility for their well-being, emphasizing their true health potential. Visit our website, contact us, or give us a call at 414-329-2100.