- 85% of Americans will suffer incapacitating low back pain in their lifetime.
- 40% of Americans with back pain lasting more than two weeks will go to the chiropractor.
- 6.8% of the population suffers from back pain at any given time.
- Chiropractic is the second largest primary health care provider in the western world.
WebMD reported on a study of research data over a four year period taken from nearly two million patients — 700,000 patients were on a healthcare plan that included chiropractic care compares to ONE MILLION patients on a healthcare plan that did NOT include chiropractic care. After following 1.7 million patients for four years here are the results:
- Chiropractic cut the cost of treating back pain by 28% compared to those who did not have chiropractic care.
- Back surgeries were reduced by 32% – that is 1 in every 3 people – one third less surgeries which reduced hospitalization by 41%.
- This study reported on WebMD found the satisfaction rate with chiropractic care to be 95%!!!