Are You At Risk for Type 2 Diabetes?
Our 8 Weeks to Wellness Program May Be Able to Help
Why do some people develop type 2 diabetes and others do not?
There are certain factors that increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, including:
- Weight – Being overweight is a primary risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
- Fat distribution – If your body stores fat primarily in your abdomen, your risk of type 2 diabetes is greater than if your body stores fat elsewhere, such as your hips and thighs.
- Inactivity – The less active you are, the greater your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Family history – The risk of type 2 diabetes increases if your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes.
- Age – The risk of type 2 diabetes increases as you get older, especially after age 45.
- Prediabetes – Prediabetes is a condition in which your blood sugar level is higher than normal, but not high enough to be classified as diabetes. Left untreated, prediabetes often progresses to type 2 diabetes.
Hruby Chiropractic Wellness may be able to help you. We offer the 8 Weeks to Wellness program. 8 Weeks to Wellness® is a comprehensive wellness program. 8 Weeks to Wellness® will optimize what you think about, how you eat and supplement, and how you exercise and care for your body through a specific, comprehensive 8-week program. A key part of the 8 Weeks to Wellness program is your Wellness Score.
The Wellness Score® can determine if someone has metabolic syndrome, a group of risk factors that occur together and increase the risk for coronary artery disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. Hruby Chiropractic Wellness can turn your health around! Metabolic syndrome can be reversed with our 8 Weeks to Wellness® Program. The 8 Weeks to Wellness® Program is designed to put you back in control of your wellness and help you learn how to live a happier and healthier life.
Call Hruby Chiropractic Wellness at (414) 329-2100 to Get Your Wellness Score!