Some estimates suggest 25% of the population has a headache or migraine right now! A frequent and overlooked cause of headaches and migraines is the malfunction of spinal bones in the neck and upper back.
When bones of the spine lose their normal position or motion, sensitive nerves and blood vessels to the head can be affected. When spinal nerves and related tissues are stretched or irritated they can produce throbbing headaches and migraines. Aspirin and medications may cover up these warning signs, but they do not correct the underlying cause.
Headaches & Migraines Treatment in Greenfield, WI
If a thorough examination by Dr. Hruby reveals reduced range of motion, loss of normal spinal curves, or mechanical restrictions, chiropractic care is recommended. After a complete explanation, Dr. Hruby will recommend a care program designed for your unique spinal problem.
Many of Dr. Hruby’ s patients report headache relief. Others find that the correction of their problem takes longer because their spinal problem has existed undetected for many years. Every patient responds differently.
Regardless of how you respond, enjoy the drug-free results millions have enjoyed by consulting a chiropractic doctor like Dr. Hruby.
Ways to Prevent Headaches & Migraines
- According to the American Chiropractic Association, here are some ways to prevent headaches and migraines:
- If you spend a lot of time in one position, try taking a break and stretching every 30-60 minutes. The stretches should take your neck and head through a comfortable, full range of motion.
- Low-impact exercise may help pain caused by primary headaches. Try walking and low-impact aerobics.
- Avoid teeth clenching. The upper teeth should not touch the lower teeth, except when swallowing. This results in stress at the temporomandibular joints (TMJ), leading to TMJ irritation and a form of tension headaches.
- Drink at least eight 8-oz. glasses of water a day to help avoid dehydration, which can lead to headaches.
I was experiencing daily headaches for a month and half before seeing Dr. Hruby. Since I started seeing him, I haven’t had one headache! In addition to the headaches, he has helped with neck issues from prior car accidents and sitting at a computer all day every day. I am glad I went to see him as he is very passionate about his work and helping people feel their best!
I started seeing dr. Hruby a few weeks ago for headaches and neck pain and in those few weeks things have been improving so much and Dr. Hruby does a great job. They are always great about fitting me in earlier if I get off work early too! Glad I found this place!